Tuesday, June 5, 2012

It's a...

GIRL!

Well, Baby Buttercream is officially a girl! We are so excited! We were just certain that this baby was a boy, and we had a boy name all picked out. Unfortunately, we weren't so decisive about the girl names because we didn't think we needed to be. Well, Little Girl proved us wrong, and we are busy discussing possible names for this sweet baby. As I told Justin last week, it's so much easier to name a dog than to name a baby. (Dogs can't complain about it later. Dogs' friends don't make fun of them in middle school because of their name. Dogs only have to live with their name for, maybe, 20 years, max!)

I had some unwelcome excitement this weekend, as well. I woke up Saturday morning feeling kind of puny, which is not all that uncommon on an empty stomach. I ate breakfast, and it reappeared in short order. As the day progressed, I found that I couldn't keep anything down, not even water. A call to the on-call doc landed me with a scrip for anti-nausea medication, but I kept getting sick. (Even waking out of a nap twice to vomit...yuck city!) On top of things, Justin was on his way to and from Jackson to get the Comanche, so I spent most of the afternoon sick and alone. When he arrived home late Saturday afternoon, I told him I thought it would be best to go to the hospital. We trekked up to Methodist Germantown where I will be delivering, and they admitted me to get some IV fluids (because I was very dehydrated) and some additional nausea meds. That seemed to do the trick! The nursing staff was so great. After I dressed back in my regular clothes and the nurse was wheeling me out to the car, she commented on how pretty I looked. Let me assure you, this was NOT a true statement! I looked like death warmed over after being sick all day, doing nothing with my hair, and wearing no makeup. However, this woman's sweet lie compliment was just want this mama needed to hear. I spent Sunday and almost all of Monday re-hydrating and recuperating. I'm back at work today, but only operating at about 85% capacity. Fingers crossed that I'll be more myself tomorrow.

On the positive side, Buttercream has been a little gymnast all weekend. She is doing all kinds of somersaults and flips, and I can feel her quite frequently throughout the day. She usually wakes up around the time I do, and I feel her little movements as I'm still in bed working up the gumption to face the day. Last week, Justin tried to feel her move as I was standing in front of him. I told him that she usually moves more when I'm reclined, and as soon as I lay down on the bed, she was moving up a storm. The look on his face was priceless.

We can't wait to meet you, Sweet Baby Girl! You are already loved beyond words, and our love will only grow once we have a living, breathing, precious girl with us out here in the world!

No comments: