Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Anticipation...

Okay, so I don't keep up with this blog



at all



so this is a pretty random thing to post about since I haven't posted in over a year.

Justin and I are expecting our first child in a little more than four months. September 26, to be exact. We are VERY excited. The baby has been making movements that I can feel for about three weeks, and the baby is finally big/strong enough to make some kicks and punches that can be felt on the outside, too. It is the strangest, coolest feeling. At first I couldn't decide if I was feeling baby movements or food digestion. However, one day a few weeks ago I was sitting at my desk, and it was like, "Wha-bam! Take that, Mama!" It was incredible!

We have our anatomy ultrasound tomorrow, which means we'll hopefully find out the sex of the baby. It will be nice to have a pronoun other than "it." As much as I've always wanted to be a mother, it has been a little different than expected to be pregnant. I thought I'd be comfortable talking and singing to the baby all the time, but it has been kind of strange to do so far. I'm thinking that as the baby gets bigger and it become more and more obvious that it (See? There's that pronoun!) is always with me, making its presence known, it will feel more natural to communicate with the baby.

There are a lot of exciting things in our future, and tomorrow is just one of many. I can't wait to find out if this is Baby Buttercream or Baby Flat Tire! (Although, regardless, I think my new favorite nickname is Baby Buttermilk Biscuit.)

No comments: