Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Spoiled

I am trying feverishly to get everything done at work before heading out of town for a whole week for a much-needed vacation. And what am I doing instead? Writing in my oft-forgotten blog, of course! Duh!

Justin, his family, and I are going to Florida for some R&R next week. I've never taken a week-long vacation to such a relaxing place (well, I've taken week-long trips to Maine before, which my mom says completely restores her soul, but this is different because I'm a grown-up now), and I'm really looking forward to it. Before we can go, though, I have to finish up three reports, start a new therapy client, and do countless odds and ends both at home and work. Let's hope I can get them all done in time!

Yesterday, Justin informed me that our travel plans have changed. We're still leaving on Saturday and coming back the following Saturday, but our mode of transportation has changed somewhat. At first I was a little bummed, but then I stopped to think about it and I said, "Hey, lady, you're going to the beach for a whole week. Don't go complaining about how you're going to get there!" That's when I realized how quickly I've become spoiled by the luxury of traveling often and quite comfortably. I need to step back and examine all of the many blessings in my life and show the appreciation that they deserve (rather than pouting - however briefly - about things not being exactly what I had thought they would be).

Well, I suppose that is all for now. I really do need to get some work finished before the end of the day. Perhaps I will start to post more once I re-charge my battery on vacation.

No comments: