Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tracking

Lately, I've purchased several things online. One reason is that, with a real (eek!) job, I don't have lots of time to go shopping in stores. Lots of my loved ones have birthdays in November, and Christmas is right around the corner. So I've started using the Internet to be my little helper in gift purchasing.

One of the best things about this process is that you can track your packages as they make the great journey to your door. I love watching the boxes make their trek from the factory or store to Memphis, TN. For instance, JR's birthday present is supposed to arrive at my office today, but before this it spent a little time in Nashville, Missouri, and North Dakota! These websites also time-stamp each stop on the journey, so I know that at 1:37 am, some hard-working UPS people were unloading and scanning my box in Nashville. It really is neat when you get a glimpse into some other profession, such as that of UPS worker. Those folks work very hard to get your packages to you as quickly as possible, meaning that they're loading and unloading planes and trucks even while I'm cozy and asleep in my bed. I sure am grateful for that.

No comments: