Monday, September 15, 2008

Better and better

So, as some of you know (and as I've alluded to in previous posts), I've been dating a marvelous man for a little while now. I saw a "little while" because it has been quite brief (almost 5 months). However, he is the most incredible person, and we have an amazing time. I feel like I knew we had something special going on from the first date (or at least by the second). He completely loves and appreciates me for the person I am, and I do the same for him. We have this amazing chemistry and freakishly similar backgrounds. (I mean, how many couples do you know who both had Chevrolet Celebrities as their first cars?) Indeed, we have notable differences as well, but I feel like those complement and enhance our relationship.

For a while, I kept waiting for a shoe to drop. --This can't be happening. It's too good. There's got to be some deep, dark secret lurking. He must not be telling me the whole truth.-- But time after time, I found that everything was real. He was being honest with me. All these feelings were not only built on truth, they were also mutual!

I feel so remarkably blessed to have him in my life. I don't know what the future holds, but I know that the present is terrific, the (brief) past has been amazing, and I only hope that the future gets better and better.

No comments: