Thursday, June 19, 2008

Brain dump

I was reading someone else's blog yesterday, and the content was basically a "brain dump." This is a post where you just sort of let the thoughts flow with no real theme or plan. I thought it might be appropriate and productive to have one of these "brain dump" blogs today, as my brain is sort of swimming with thoughts.
  • Why is it that I'm becoming (pretty much) obsessed with reading other people's blogs but I don't keep up with my own? Could it be that it is a phenomenal way to avoid work?
  • Am I making the right choices with my life on a daily basis? What about the bigger choices I'm making or preparing to make? How am I doing with those?
  • Do I spend enough time with Rory?
  • Am I becoming a crappy friend/daughter/sister/etc., or am I just following the natural ebb and flow of life?
  • What are my deal breakers? How do I know when the deal is broken? (in multiple contexts)
  • Do brain dumps have to be full of questions?
  • OK...some statements...
  • I really like my new Palm phone, even though I can't quite figure it all out.
  • I really need to get back into running. I took a little break after my 1/2 marathon and never really got back on the horse. I took another break when I thought my health was potentially compromised, but I haven't gotten back into it since finding out I'm healthy. Need to do that.
  • I can't believe that I'm graduating in a month and a half! It has been a long road, and I can't wrap my mind around the fact that it's almost over.
  • I need to relax and let life happen as it will. God has a plan for my life, and I am confident of this. He has not given me challenges or opportunities that I could not handle. When I am nervous and uncertain about the future, I need to take comfort in that fact.

No comments: